Saturday, December 20, 2003

.


it has been brought to my attention that some folks may find the secretive nature of my scribblings frustrating.
i can dig it.
but, really...the details aren't even all that interesting.
and of course, unbuffered truth can be very upsetting to some.
often i get so worked up that i can't stand having this shit bouncing around my head.
and so like the rat-after-the-pellet that i tend to be, i come blast out a few lines here.
rhymeless and reasonless.
it takes the edge off.

anyhoo, went to slickity jim's chat and chew for brunch.
very good food.
my nerves were rattled.
smoked a few too many american cigarettes before the food came.
felt a tad queasy, but a few cups of tea/milk/plenty of sugar set me straight.
the waitresses were awesome.

scored a foxy little vintage dress at burcus' angels.
burcus herself, brought it out from her private stash and declared it was made for me.
she gave it to me for practically nothing.
very 1940's glam.
accents the rack and the gams.
boy howdy - now all i need is a lap to warm on new year's eve.

tonight i opened up gifts from my grandmother.
so far, opening gifts early is one of the few perks of adulthood i've discovered.
a blue turtleneck.
it's alright. a bit conservative for trampy me.
i will go to the bay and turn that turtleneck into cash!
or perhaps that MAC perfume i've been pining for.

as per yesterday's post, the new pair of stockings are obviously a "fellow" magnet.
last night on the skytrain, this guy was making eyes at me.
at first i had no idea what he was doing. (i can be a bit dim about these things - oh the stories i could tell!)
he kept switching seats until he was directly across from me.
but really weird-like...a seat per stop.
i assumed he was trying to see out the window better.
then it dawned on me that he could just look out his own window, rather than mine.
still, i decided he must think he knows me or something.
so i looked at him. he wasn't half bad, really.
nice denim. good eyeglasses. a bit light on the top of the head, but pleasant enough.
i gave him a chance to figure out he didn't know me.
i expected him to quickly look away once he discovered his error.

no such luck.

my bold stare signaled a green light - all systems go.
he smiled - rather too earnestly for my tastes - and wiggled his eyebrows in a comical/suggestive fashion.
i smiled back nervously and immediately started plotting to get off at the next stop - 8 stops before my destination.
thankfully, the canned announcement for 29th Ave station was piped through the train and my transit lothario gathered his bags and made for the door.
i couldn't resist. my ego made me look. i'm just pathetic.
he winked at me. made a nodding motion toward the platform as we rolled to a stop.
i quickly nodded a "no thank you".
he shrugged his shoulders and stepped of the train.
the weirdo then stood on the platform and waved as the train pulled away.
it was actually very funny.
i decided i liked him.
this sort of stuff flatters an aging broad like myself.

the sad end to my tale...
i snagged my stockings.
they are ruined.

the moral of this story...
don't cross and uncross your legs too often or boys will never look at you again.

no. that's not a very good moral.
i couldn't think of anything better.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home