Friday, December 26, 2003

...



rather loaded at the moment.
went to kitto (sushi joint) for zaruba soba and sushi.
$3 pints' o draft. what a deal.
i may have overindulged.
i have scarcely been on a computer...of course at least once a day, but i am accustomed to spending many many hours of each day dialed in.
i'm not even looking at my email.
sadly, slushpile is my only portal to the great information superhighway.
(you can never use information superhighway enough)

well, i knitted a misshapen square of red wool.
it's gorgeous!
my shoulders are killing me and i discovered i make a really weird face when i knit. i caught a glimpse and it was bloody frightening. i could be the botox poster-girl.
i guess that's what i look like when i think.
but i don't care. i'm knitting and i said i would and i did.
that is something, don't you know.

the city is beautiful right now.
so many people everywhere.
i don't know if it's the cheap draft, but i'm feeling rather affectionate toward my fellow humans tonight.
even the couple from port-coquitlam who sat stuffing smelly popcorn into their gobs on the skytrain, made me smile benignly.
and believe you me, they were insufferable with their suzy sheir and bobby dazzler shopping bags.
rather big of me, i thought.

i want to go to the polynesian room at the waldorf, astoria for new years.
a friend of mine went there last year and he said it was good.
i wish i knew if they were having a do.
i feel like ringing in the new year aggressively this year.
i feel for any poor fellows near me at midnight.
bring lip balm.


oh yeah! i forgot to tell no one,
my sister bought me david sedaris' holidays on ice for christmas.
i will read it tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home