Monday, May 03, 2004

...




Remember the days you used to talk
about that student newspaper you
worked for on the old slushpile?
Do you miss it? Is your job you have
now more better? Remember me?
What do you think of Starbucks?
~ saltea


yes, i do remember my student
newspaper days.
i was the best damned editor the op
had ever seen.
i still miss the all-nighters pulled
in the windowless office,
rife with the stench of unwashed men.
we would sneak into the dark room and
smoke cigarettes.
then there was the janitor who unlocked
the door and popped in at the most inopportune times.
it was an incredible time for me.
oh yes. and the writing.
i wrote a lot.
broad's eye view was read by lunchladies
on two floors.

now, my sister is the editor.
fucked up, but interesting.
doncha think?

is my new job more better?
well the pay sure as hell is.
and yet i'm still broke.
i love my job - but is it better?
honestly, i don't know.

starbucks?
i loathe it.
and so i spend nearly $4
on a black lemonade iced tea.
daily.
i hate myself.

do i remember you?
yes.
but until you popped by
you were fast becoming
a blurry figure of the past
my world has completely changed
since you last came around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home