Friday, May 28, 2004


ruby woo - get your girl on Posted by Hello

another friday night,
just me, letterman and this beat-up laptop.
i haven't much to say,
except that thunder just smashed through my back lane,
and a flash of lightening made my balcony glow.
like everything in vancouver,
it didn't last long enough.

tomorrow night will be better.
i have decided to have people over.
- a retro-inspired evening.
i will make some fatty fingerfoods
and stick them with frilly toothpicks.
i'll pull out my best barware.

i also plan to dress for the evening.
i rarely have the opportunity to get dolled up anymore.
i can do as i please in my own home.
if i want to overdress, who will stop me?

and who decides what is too done up?
there's something about the ritual of donning
women's clothing... (my, i sound like a tranny)
pulling up zippers,
fastening hooks,
tugging something snug and stretchy
over curves and of course,
lumps and bumps.

i love the snap and click
of a complicated pair of heels.
and i never regret the five minutes
it takes to paint my lips red.

with the exception of hair removal,
menstruation, birth control,
stretchmarks, wrinkles,
overpriced underwear,
wiry white hairs and that
whole glass ceiling shit -
it's kind of great to be a girl.

if i can swing it,
i may try to buy myself
some perfume tomorrow.
christ, i bought myself a lovely
bouquet of flowers today.
i'm the best date ever.

i read somewhere that you should be
able to smell a woman before you see her,
and that if you know her,
you will be able to envision her.
if you do not know her,
you should be able to imagine her.

i love that sentiment.

heya, remember ages ago,
when i said "i haven't much to say"?

sweet mother of pearl,
what the fuck am i going on about?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home