Thursday, September 09, 2004

I'm on the mend. You know, I don't really know if I'm coming or going, but I'm learning. Even though it's only been a few hours since I posted my usual I-hate-everything-poor-me post, I feel more positive. Things aren't even minutely all that bad. Why, just tonight some grown-up tried to pick me up at the local Safeway and believe you me - I looked like a sack of shit. He wasn't my type, (expensively dressed, but way too straight - probably had a nice car), but still. It was interesting that a fellow of that stature would even take notice. And yes, he was a bit of a creep - I mean who really tries to chat up women in a grocery store queue. A creep who spends hours trolling supermarkets, that's who. He offered to help carry my bags to my car. Of course, I don't have a car, so thankfully that ended things right there. Now, what was my point again? Yes, things could be worse. A lady likes the flattery - even from a gentleman who doesn't even remotely float her boat.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home