Sunday, October 17, 2004

Back in to the swing of things. Treachery at work. My back is wounded and someone's second face is overworked and drawn. Fun, fun, fun.

I miss NY. Pathetic sounding, I know. But I really do miss it. I was just getting used to the sounds and lights and was finally getting what passes for bearings for me. By my third day I barely noticed the smell of piss round every bend. Oh, one quick aside: One lovely sunny morning, as me and my friend Nina went for a stroll through the East Village, we decided to walk through an enclosed sidewalk. Thinking it would be a quicker route and nicely out of the shade we happily wound our way through. That is until our path was blocked by a fellow leaning against the wall, his pants around his ankles and straining to produce what appeared to be a slightly troublesome shit. Lovely. Truth be told, it really wasn't upsetting. I mean, it was a nice shaded spot and better there than in the middle of the street. There's no bloody back alleys.

And speaking of no alleys... You can do the most amazing dumpster diving in that city. Especially in the nice neighbourhoods. Everyone puts their "trash" out on the front sidewalk. I italicize trash, because when I was walking around I saw some really nice stuff nestled between garbage bags. Apparently it is such a pain in the ass to move things, people just toss perfectly usuable and often nearly new household items to the curb. NY trash really made an impression on me as you can see.

Anyhoo, where was I? Oh yes, how I'm pining for a city I barely spent a week in. Even though I've been warned that the city loses it's glimmer very quickly, I still want to live there. Even just for a little while. A year....then I promise I'll leave. Just one year to be in the middle of everything. One year to be a glutton. Maybe I'll do it. Stranger things have happened, you know. So far, in a rather winding and often painful way, I've managed to get what I want. I think...? Remains to be seen, I suppose.

I guess what I will do is write about different things I did while I was there. But not tonight. I'm really not sure where to start. I guess at the beginning. Well, I will tell you I got on the wrong train, first thing. Smart.

More another time. I feel slightly nauseous from licking buttercream frosting from the beaters.

Kisses on your lipses,

Night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home