Thursday, October 28, 2004

I fucking HATE public transit. Yes, yes. Good for the environment. No need to park. Blah, blah, blah. Taking a bus in Vancouver is the singulary most miserable experience one can endure.

Tonight, on my way home, I had to carry a large, awkward box onto the bus. Of course, the bus was late and packed full of pasty, cow-faced people. The bus driver asked everyone to move to the back of the bus. Fair enough. I tried to shuffle my way back only to be blocked by a big fleshy wall of stupidity. These hideous women were chatting near the rear exit and refused to move back. They wanted to stay near the doors.

Now, okay, this behaviour is acceptable if they were planning to get off at the next stop. So, I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and attempted to wedge past them to the small pocket of space I spied at the very very back. One of the women's ridiculously fat asses securely blocked my way. So, I decided to wait for the next stop to see if they would get off. They didn't. Nor did they at the next stop or the three stops following. I started to press the corner of the box I was holding into the flesh of the huge ass blocking my way. The woman shifted a bit, but didn't budge. She didn't even give me a dirty look. She just looked a bit confused and uncomfortable. As the bus swerved to miss a bike courier, I took the opportunity to shove it into her a bit more. This time she tucked in a bit. I jabbed the box into her again and with a pop, both me and the box were in the wee air pocket at the back. The large-of-ass woman didn't even look at me and went back to chatting with her two friends. I have never encountered oblivion like that. How could they miss all the dirty looks from the passengers trying to get past them? Jesus, how could that woman miss a pointy box in her ass?

The rest of the trip didn't go much better. I had to use both arms to hold the box, so I was getting tossed all over the place. Several strapping young men sat and watched. Now, I'm sorry if this pisses people off, but I think one of those fuckers should have offered me their seat. I could barely stand. And as a woman, I put up with men like that staring at my tits or looking up my skirt on public transit all the time. For that I deserve to fucking sit down when I'm carrying a great big huge cardboard box! I really wanted to kick them all in the shins.

Well, I have a Halloween costume. But, it's a bit snug so I guess I can't even squelch my misery with chocolate. Life is very unfair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home