Saturday, October 30, 2004



Mornin' punkins,

Don't forget to set your clocks back tonight/Sunday morning. There, I am now officially a humanitarian.

Tonight is Halloween. Hope it doesn't suck. That's about all you can hope for nowadays.

I had the weirdest dream last night. I was in bed with my grade 12 art teacher. It was completely non-sexual. We were in a really nice bed with lots of white pillows and wonderful linens. He was wearing a black wifebeater and I remember thinking how nice it looked on him. Now, my art teacher was not an attractive man, but this tank top sure made him look nice. Not sexy, just nice. He poured me a glass of milk, which I hate (I really, really hate milk), but it tasted amazing. As I drank the milk I felt beautiful. Yes, yes, nauseating, I know. But, I didn't write the goddamned dream. After I finished the milk, he told me to lie down and he started reading to me. I have no idea what he was reading - I couldn't make out the words - but his voice sounded lovely and so soothing. In my dream I fell asleep. Jesus, I have always loved the idea of a man reading to me in bed (incredibly corny, I know - that's why it never happens in real life) but with my frumpy, well over middle aged art teacher? He was in his late forties nearly 15 years ago. Well, whatever twisted meaning lurks behind the dream, I woke completely refreshed and calm feeling. So, who am I to bust a nut over this?

I need to go to the laundromat. Oh and drop 10 pounds before I put my costume on tonight. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home