Sunday, November 28, 2004

It's 2:00 pm and I cannot leave the house! It's a beautiful day and I can't get my ass off the couch. What on earth is wrong with me? I mustn't allow myself to slip into this. I have people relying on me. Yes, I know people, you know. I was so chipper last week despite illness. I know that going outside will make me feel much better, but it's just that transporting my sagging and aging body from here to there seems impossible. Impossible, I tell you.

I was reading Breakup Babe. Yes, everyone who has a Blogger account has gone to take a boo at this blog. How can you resist? The woman has landed a book deal from a blog. Why not me? Let's not answer that. I really don't want to know. But she did say something interesting about using one's blog as a passive aggressive tool to get at people whom you know are reading. Guilty as charged. I wonder how many others indulge in this bad behaviour. It's a fine line. If you were completely ignorant of your audience you would likely write far nastier prose without fear of hurting or offending anyone. Chances are what you write would be far more cutting than veiled and subtle attacks. I know I've definitely become vaguer and more guarded with my writing since I've become aware of certain readers. And I know I've also used my blog to communicate certain messages to certain people. Is that so terrible? I guess it could be.

Oh, I've lost track of what I was talking about. I have to get out of here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home