Tuesday, June 21, 2005



Once, I got into an argument about Ben Lee. Now this isn't the disagreement I was involved with. My argument was face to face with another human, but it did indeed grow quite heated. Ridiculously so.

I think Ben Lee is a big drippy drag. I hadn't even heard of the fellow until I saw him performing recently on a couple of late night talk shows. I found his performance nauseating. The fact that his mic and all of his bandmates were sprinkled with white flowers and his blissed out smiles into the camera did nothing to change my mind. Such a precious troubadour! I was genuinely shocked to learn that people I know, people I like and respect and whom I would expect to join me in a mutual hate-on for such a performance - well, they like him just fine. To make a long story short, I just couldn't let it go. My dislike for Mr. Lee quickly spiraled into unbridled and irrational black fury. Well, not really irrational. He really does suck.

Anyhoo... What was my point? Right. Ben Lee sucks. And if you disagree with me, I don't want to know about it. This could be an irreconcilable difference. A deal breaker. Let me leave you with a quote from one Ben Lee fan. I mean, if this lady likes Lee...

Hi, fellow Ben Lee fans. I hope all is well:)
I heard that Ben likes to decorate the stage with flowers at his shows. For all the sunshine his music has brought to me this year, I would like to bring a bunch as a token of my appreciation next Friday in NYC.
If anyone knows, I would greatly appreciate it if you could please tell me when, where, and to whom I should bring them to. Also, I just wanted to verify that this is still going on this tour... you know, just in case Aimee Mann is allergic to flowers or anything.
Thank you so much for your help. Rock on!

Heart,
Janine



So please(PLEASE!)baby, please - come on, catch my disease. Catch it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home