Friday, September 16, 2005

Carpet Muncher


Polynesian Room, Waldorf Hotel

All the carpets have been torn out of my apartment! It looks soooo much better. Smells better too. I moved my sofa into the living room today and hooked up my console TV. There is still a fair amount of work to do, but it looks like an actual living space now. I made the required trip to Ikea and picked up a few things to spruce it up. Not too much because I hate that "life by Ikea" look. But it's a great place for shower curtains and area rugs.

Tomorrow morning I go shopping with my sister and mother for wedding gowns. My 31-year-old sister is making it legal in April and I finally get to be a bridesmaid. Maid of honour in fact. My very first time. I can wear whatever I like, really as long as my dress works with her semi-retro theme. I'm thinking a 40s femme fatale look. Fun! And they're getting married at the Waldorf in the amazing Polynesian Room.

Hopefully I will be close to moving in tomorrow night. I'm so excited about having a place to live. Man, I wish I had a job to pay for the privilege.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home