Tuesday, November 08, 2005

No cord nor cable can draw so forcibly...

I...have...cable...television. I am very happy. Actually, truth be told, I've done quite well without it for the past couple of months. But, let me tell you, when the cable fellow turned the power on and Oprah's well made-up face appeared... a delicious warmth spread through me. A sensation akin to swallowing hard liquor, only without the initial bite. And then I had to rush off to work. Leaving Oprah and my warm living room for the freezing cold and rainy walk to the CBC seemed fantastically cruel. Oh well, at least I've something to look forward to. It's Ancient History Tuesday on the Discovery Channel! I hope they haven't gone and changed the line-ups.

Work is exciting and terrifying. I completed six scripts last week and now I wait for feedback from the way-higher-ups. There could be a few re-writes or the consensus may be burn it all and start again. You never know. I still don't know if I have a job past the end of this week. Verrry richard scary.

If I don't have a job then I can't pay Mr. Shaw Cable and then I will have to go back to the dark ages of reading books and conversing with others. Please feel free to organize a telethon on my behalf. I need dough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home