Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I left the house...

I just returned from the Jeff Tweedy solo show and I have a couple of thoughts I wanted to jot down about the evening:

  • I hate tall drunk guys with big big block heads that obscure my view

  • Mr. Tweedy is very handsome and has a lovely singing voice
  • overheard at the bar: "...but bear in mind, I just re-read High Fidelity... for like, the sixth time"
  • Mr. Tweedy knows how to make words dance. He has written some very beautiful lyrics that usually make me sad - so sad. Did I mention that he is very handsome?
  • I can't stand people hollering out requests or making pathetic attempts at banter with the performer... if this makes me insufferable, so fucking be it.
  • Tweedy's drummer was the opening act. Very talented and all that.
  • They (Tweedy & drummer) played "Heavy Metal Drummer" and this is one of my most favourite songs. Ever
  • I am getting old. I wanted this most excellent show to end because my back was getting sore and it was nearing midnight. I actually resented the second encore.
  • I managed to avoid several people I was afraid of running into. Well played, old girl! Well played!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But did the drummer wear shinny shinny pants and have bleached blonde hair?

2/01/2006 1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate encores too! Well, I hate concerts in general because I get bored from the get-go. By the time the group walks of stage I'm so ready to jet.

2/05/2006 7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home