Sunday, April 23, 2006

on borrowed time

Hello pets,

I am borrowing a laptop for the weekend and I've managed to snag a rather weak wi-fi signal in the hood. Sure, I get booted off like, every minute or so, but beggars cant be blah blah blah. It's a gorgeous Sunday afternoon and I'm about to head out for a bikeride. It's been a rather stressful morning and I hope the fresh air will make me a nicer person. You never know...

Life has been a series of dental appointments, bike rides and late-night television. I really must do more with this time off. But... it is very challenging without a computer. Being cut off from the world wide web sucks. At first the whole luddite thing held a certain charm and then ... it didn't. I actually had to use the Yellow Pages the other day! Key-rist! I can't look up recipes, search job boards, send emails, blog... It's awful. I can survive on my EI payments but means buying a laptop is out of the question. I have been offered several very old computer systems (which I really do appreciate) but I can't afford to connect to the internet. I need a laptop with a wireless card or AirPort so that I can leech onto someone else's signal or lug it up the street to one of the many, many hotspots on Main Street. It's very frustrating. Doesn't it just break your heart? I know.

What else? Next week is my sister's wedding. I am the old maid of honour. I like my dress - that it something - but I've lost a shoe. And not just any shoe! I've lost the best shoe ever. A gorgeous BCBG shoe that goes perfectly with my dress. I must change the subject or may just spiral into madness.

I have been eating my weight in Easter chocolate and that is no small feat, believe you me. I am cautiously optimistic, all in all. Not that you can tell. Okay, I miss you all terribly. I will write something of value and post it somehow, some day, some way...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

and don't forget this:
www2.vcn.bc.ca/dialup

4/24/2006 7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah!! easter kills me everytime just when I straighten out from christmas ,my galbladder clears..I get 50 lbs of wal-mart chocolate ment for my daughter ..I have good intentions and hide it ...then eat the stupid shitty little eggs until ...anyway, more about you. Now that spring is here (besides allergies) the sun should make eveything better. This is way too long I don't blame you if you skim .

4/24/2006 8:45 AM  
Blogger Kerry said...

is it your pair of purple BCBG shoes? cuz i have them if so. i think. in the bottom of my closet.

4/24/2006 12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home