Sunday, June 25, 2006

our stuff - our = stuff

Saturday was a hard day. I spent several hours sorting through the rubble of a past life. Jars of vitamins, hastily scribbled notes and receipts going back nearly 14 years were sorted into piles - one pile for the garbage bin and another pile to be picked through and stored in two separate keepsake boxes. It was the small incidental items that got to me, more so than photographs or love letters. Little reminders of a shared existance. I spent a good portion of the day trying not to cry and the other part...well, crying. Funny how much hurt can fit into a hot cramped storage closet. I've been been tapdancing on scars and snacking on guilt. The pain of loss caught me by surprise. I have no job to distract me, my life has slowed down a bit... so, you know - time to lean, time to grieve. Seems I won't be spared and everyone tells me it's good for me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's the movie where the girl gives the boy all his stuff back because it reminds her of him. He says, "what about my stereo?" or some such thing and she says "That doesn't remind me of you."

Oh, and I like your spelling of existance. It looks like it should sound.

6/27/2006 6:11 PM  
Blogger ... said...

ahem...whoops. i suppose it wouldnt be so much work to click spellcheck once in a while.

but then again, it DOES look like it should sound. so, i'm taking back the night on this one.

and i dunno about the movie. but i will remember and hopefully one day use that line.

6/27/2006 8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home