Saturday, July 01, 2006

I ain't into making love, so come give me a hug



Happy Canada day. There's pressure to do something fun and patriotic today. I'm upset because I wore my red and white polka dot dress yesterday. I can't wear it 2 days in a row. It's not soiled or anything, but it's not a subtle frock. What can you do? In reality, I would rather just go back to bed and read a book.

I have no idea what to do. Long weekends used to be fun, now I feel sort of alienated by these celebratory three-day stretches. I used to mark them on the calendar and make plans. Things have changed. Nowadays, I don't have a big circle of friends. There are no bbq's to go to, no camping trips... all my family lives in a different city... I feel very sorry for me. I will have to make my own good time - something I kind of hate. Has a mild pathetic feeling about it. I guess I should paint my face red and white, find a huge crowd of noisy stinky people and wave a flag somewhere.

The things I do for my country.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always feel "long weekend pressure" to get out and do something. I did manage to go camping this year but last year, I went down to the states by myself... very un-patriotic :)

7/04/2006 11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home