Sunday, July 09, 2006

they do not want what they haven't got

The other day I had to go to the CBC to pick up my shoe. In my hasty retreat (read: just after I was laid off, so many months ago) I left behind a lovely highheeled shoe. Very Cinderella - minus the prince, the ball and the happy endig. It was strange being in the building again and even stranger to think that I wasn't allowed past the plexi-glass security gate. I used to have free reign of the joint. I worked long, odd hours. It wasn't unusual for me to pop by my desk apres drinks and in the wee hours of the morning.

After having to leave my purse with security guard just so that I could use the bathroom I felt a bit of the old bitterness creeping in. I can't help feeling that ZeD got the shaft a bit. So many talented people involved in one program, just cut loose. High tech folks, creative types, gay, multi-culti people younger than 57 - every box the CBC could hope to check off- all of them canned. Don't seem right. Don't seem right.

Selfishly, I miss the steady paycheques and the whole not letting my teeth rot out deal. Flouride treatments, doctor's appointments...man, those were good times.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i stopped watching zed when they changed everything around. plus, i pretty much stopped going to the site when it lost the community. boo-urns to the cbc and what they did to an amazingly fantastic piece of culture that could actually bring in a younger audience.

7/11/2006 5:48 PM  
Blogger Limegirl said...

I second what Chris said. I tried watching the new ZeD last fall, and it was a lot like carving my ovaries out with a rusty spoon, but less fun.

Hope your job prospects look up.

8/03/2006 2:24 PM  
Blogger Limegirl said...

Er . . . sorry if you were fond of the new ZeD, I didn't stop to consider that you were probably still working there then.

Yeah. Anyone seen my social graces? I seem to have misplaced them.

8/03/2006 2:29 PM  
Blogger ... said...

rest assured gentle readers - i am no longer with the corporation. they "let me go". now i guess if i really love them i'll go back to them. if not, i was never really theirs to begin with...

8/03/2006 10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home