Thursday, August 24, 2006

Dream when you're feeling blue




I've been battling the blues lately.
Little bits of melancholy keep pinching my goat.
Maybe it's reality - the jerk - giving me a hard time again.

It was nice on the mountain, in the snow.
It was easy to put everything on ice.

Oh, it's not so bad. I mean, just take a look at my "hiking outfit". That skirt is actually shorter than it looks. I don't and won't ever wear shorts and the skirt is army green - an undeniably outdoorsy colour. It made perfect sense at the time - you know, before I actually got out of the car and started to move around and stuff. I can laugh at it now. This means I still have a sense of humour, despite my funk.

Mind you, it wasn't so funny when I was trying to cover my ass from the people hiking behind me and working on not falling off a mountain at the same time.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool man. real cool.

8/24/2006 10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha... you can *almost* pass as an asian tourist :)

8/25/2006 3:27 PM  
Blogger trophycase said...

Have you noticed that people who are happy all the time, aren't as happy as you can be?

I mean, when you're low you're lower, sure, but when you're high you're higher.

I like that picture of you on the mountain. It reminds me of when I find myself in a place where the weight's off. Sometimes life can be nice.

9/01/2006 12:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

she said, "Don't you know it can be beautiful, sometimes?"

9/01/2006 1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

who said that?

9/01/2006 2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's a World Party song from the "Private Revolution" album.

9/01/2006 9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never before have I felt like such a nerd for wearing pants while I hike.

9/02/2006 8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home