Wednesday, August 02, 2006

token post

So says me:

If you are over 30, spending any real time on Myspace is ... sad. I'm not saying I haven't logged a few hours there myself, but come on. Unless you are actually promoting something, gather up your dignity and log off. It is a barren wasteland of horny old men and teen-aged girls. I declare that I have had enough of the Myspace. For today, anyway.

I am an opponent of "formal shorts". Once upon a time, I didn't mind this look - when it was in a good 2 years ago. A couple of weeks ago I went to the Sam Roberts aftershow and my mind was made up. There were several girls wearing teeny white shorts and very high heels. I do not approve.

I like my friends and they like me. Who knew it could be so simple?

I adore those who are passionate about things. These are the people who find success. However, ambitious people bore me.

I don't like being alone. I used to think this was a bad thing - an insecurity. That's bullshit. I like to be around people even when I hate people. Because the more I hate people, the more I love them.

I prefer lake swimming to ocean swimming.

I love the smell of cologne mixed with lake water.

I love winegums. I fucking love them.

Camping. A rite of summer. I haven't done it in 2 years. I am turning down the opportunity to go this long weekend for shot at work. Doing the right thing sucks ass.

I am bored now. Off to the farmer's market for greens and good times.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wine gums are great, but I still love soap candies (I think they have a different "official" name like floral gums).

Yup, I have nothing to add.

8/03/2006 8:05 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

If it makes you feel better, it's going to be crazy busy at the campground this weekend. Chances are, with all the kids in the lake you wouldn't be able to smell the cologne over the odour of urine and candy.
Oh and wine gums suck. Old-school blue whales are the only candy to ever capture my heart. Now that they are gone, I will never love again. Candy, I mean. I'll still love other stuff.

8/03/2006 12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am ready to give it all up ......everything... cyber filled. I hear it laughing saying..'just try and quite me.'

8/03/2006 1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

myspace - agreeded. And I don't understand how the worst designed site out on the internet today is so goddam popular... huh... well.. I guess that brings us back to the underage and perverts...

I was thinking of getting a pair of "formal shorts" but the logner ones?.. to the kneess "formal board shorts" NOT paired with heels? I wear business casual to work, I need a break ! :)

And yay lakes and yah cologne (oh and aftershave!)

8/03/2006 1:52 PM  
Blogger trophycase said...

I took tomorrow off. Going to try to find a camp site somewhere. Camping on long weekends sucks. And yes, I'm taking two urine spraying young'uns with me.

8/03/2006 8:12 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

I'm not quite there with you on the wine gums, but I'll see your wine gums and raise you a handful of juice berries. Mmmm-mmm. Them's good eatin'.

I hate ambitious people, too. Ever noticed how they often like to talk about how much their cars cost? And I care about that... why?

8/03/2006 10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home