Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Amendment

I've been known to go on about how much I love the rain... and I know it's always fun to make someone eat their words... But, come on. I get it. Rain is cold and wet and does nasty things to bare feet in canvas shoes. Allow me to re-phrase my pro-rain statement in an attempt to appease those kooky, crazy fates...

I love the rain when:

a) I have no place to go.
b) I have rainboots, a rain jacket and oh, I dunno... an umbrella
c) no one will see me. You see, my bangs make a curling beeline for the back of my head at the first sign of moisture

So, yeah. This morning I had to be somewhere and when I went to look for rain grea, I remembered that I don't have any. I had to head out in a knit cap, a leather bomber jacket and canvas slip ons. Things got so desperate that I actually went to the library and falsely claimed a lost umbrella. Yes, I lied to the nice librarians and vaguely described the make-believe black umbrella that I never left behind during the last time I didn't visit the library. I know, pathetic. But, I'm broke and my feet were really wet!

What have I done? Sweet Jesus what have I done? Become a thief in the night, become a dog on the run!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that last paragraph ... it sounds like the opening to a story or a poem.

9/20/2006 6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

here's a hint - jean valjean!

9/20/2006 8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the hint, but I really wished it had been you who created it and not M. Hugo.

9/20/2006 9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You wish I had created it or you wish Slush had created it? If you mean me, I wish I had too. I used to think it was Jean B-aljean instead V-aljean. I've never seen Les Miz nor have I read the book.

If Slush had created it she'd probably get that book deal a whole lot faster.

From one anon to another

9/20/2006 9:50 PM  
Blogger ... said...

Oh come on people! Leave your names! It's easy. See?

9/21/2006 12:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no no... umbrellas in this city is totally fair game. I've loved and lost. I've discovered the umbrella is a dog eat dog world so now I just look out for #1 ;)

9/21/2006 11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes the anon. factor is strange. I was under the impression that anonymous the second was, in fact, slush.

I have ammended my name to clarify things.

9/22/2006 7:40 AM  
Blogger ... said...

well, in reality - i can't exactly go around denouncing anonymity. without the ability to block my caller id, use various email accounts and multiple blogs - i'd likely never make a peep.

so, all you masked and cloaked individuals unite. unite and take over. very nice, very nice, very nice...

9/22/2006 8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home