Thursday, October 26, 2006

Her Royal Highness and a puddle

Recently, I went to see the Queen.

I have always found her to be very pretty, even as an older woman. I think I would like to dress as the Queen this Halloween. But that would mean I would have to commit to going out...

Grief is the price we pay for love.

Today in the rain I saw a young girl bend over to pull up her socks. Being a toddler and rather unstable on her feet she fell over into a puddle and immediately began to pick leaves out of the water around her. She seemed oblivious to the cold pool of water that was soaking through her green tights. Her mother must have been distracted because no one came running and I half-hoped no one would so that I could keep on watching.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those sorts of epiphanies.

10/28/2006 12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home