Sunday, February 04, 2007

sum of parts

Friday night:
- went to Perogy Night and got to be on the Tee Vee
- looked at some Flash Friday posts on Craigslist
- went to bed angry (anger not associated with previous activity)

Saturday morning (oh, say 4 AM) :
- got angrier, felt better for venting anger, got tired, fell asleep

Later, Saturday morning:
- overslept
- rushed around - frantically looking for my wallet
- couldn't find my wallet
- left the house in a fit with no money
- forgot a million other things in the process

All of Saturday:
- searched high and low for my wallet - the same wallet I had stuffed with $200 grocery money the night before...
- freaked out about not being able to find wallet and came to the conclusion that it was stolen the night before by one of the stupid baggy-jeaned haircuts who were smoking near the car
- fantasized about killing one of the baggy-jeaned haircuts in a terrible and violent manner
- complained about my miserable fucking lot in life
- cried. a lot.
- my computer started shutting down for no reason
- realized the warranty card for my laptop was in my wallet
- kicked a cardboard box in my room several times
- cried some more
- called the Royal Bank to cancel my client card - nearly killed myself during the 26 minutes it took to get through to a human
- the exhaustion from the previous night's anger and all the fit-throwing over the wallet caught up with me, so I decided to have a nap
- when I yanked my duvet over my shoulders I felt the weight of my wallet caught up in the duvet cover
- I held my wallet in my hands and wondered why I wasn't happier to see it
- ate expensive cheese and watched SNL
- went to bed tired


Yeah, so that's pretty much it. I had a total nervous breakdown over my lost-and-then-found wallet. I find it hard to count my blessings with this one. Yes, of course I'm glad I found the wallet, but I hate what I went through to find it. The only lessons I learned are that my life is disorganized and I suck. Awesome.

Tonight I burned a pot of rice. It really stinks in here. Furilla.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

loser

2/06/2007 7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Losing stuff is the single most frustrating thing (partly b/c we're often the ones to blame).

But losing stuff in your SLEEP can even worse. Not only will you NEVER find what's missing, but you will ALMOST ALWAYS be to blame for the preposterously foolish chain of events in your sinister dream narrative.

Thankfully, I have never actually lost my keys, and the only wallet I ever lost was my change pouch. However, my luck could change at the drop of a hat, as I found out this weekend that my bank card had been swiped, copied, and promptly deactivated. I'm not sure yet if the thieves made off with a few hundred dollars, or if they tried over-enthusiastically to max out the card without success.

2/06/2007 10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

last year or the year before I lost my keys all threw winter .Came the spring and I saw a pile of cat shit on top of the heather bush.I went to clean it up with a shovel and if it wasn't my keys. I'm a loser too.

2/07/2007 9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

poor darling...

2/09/2007 1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home