Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The best five minutes of the year

Things are looking up for old Slushpile. Today I not only walked to work again for the third time this week (it's an hour walk - so take that player haters) but I also walked home. Ohhh... snap! And upward mobility isn't even the good part!

On the way home a handsome enough gentleman working on some scaffolding smiled at me from above and said, "Watch your step, beautiful." Nice, right? So, still chuffed from the unsolicited compliment - I didn't take 20 steps before I found a neatly folded five dollar bill right smack-dab in the middle of the sidewalk.

Now, the old me wouldn't have wanted to bend over to pick up the dough in case scaffold man was watching - but that's not the new me! The new me is all about compliments and found money.

And I had headphones on. Headphones make me very brave. The new me will wear headphones - always.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha... oye!

3/28/2007 4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home