Friday, May 04, 2007

A Long Way Down Let Down

I have a confession to make: I've never read Nick Hornby. Well, up until now. Right now I'm half-way through A Long Way Down and it's o-kaaaay. Some of the language is pretty funny and it's an interesting concept - a group of suicidal people meet accidentally on New Year's Eve atop of a notorious 'jumper' building in London. They are all fucked up and they all have very good reasons to off themselves... kind of. Don't get me wrong, it's amusing enough, but I'm disappointed. Bummed out by a novel about suicide. Maybe it's me. Maybe I'm just not in the mood for this book. Who can tell? Everyone else seems to have gone over the moon and back again over it. Nonetheless, I am only half-way through. We shall see.

On a brighter note, there is a lovely song bird hanging out somewhere near my window and I've got some fun things to look forward to. I shall keep off the rooftop for a while more, methinks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home