Tuesday, May 01, 2007

sweet sixteen




An old friend sent this photo to me a while back. I don't remember if I posted it already, but I stumbled across it today and so I'm taking a moment to give a little shout out to me circa 1988.

I feel a little lonely for the old me - sitting on a scratchy sofa, reading the paper. I'm 16-years-old here, tattoo-free and a helluva lot slimmer than I ever realized. I didn't have a job, I had no debt and I had yet to commit any major fuck-ups at this point. This photo was taken by a boy who lived on his own whom of course my parents knew nothing about.

I am also wearing denim, overall shorts with the bib and straps hanging down. Perhaps it is best that you can never go back.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it wrong to kind of have the hots for the sixteen year old you? It's a gray area, I guess. Legal, technically.

5/01/2007 9:56 PM  
Blogger ... said...

ahem... the 34-year-old me is feeling threatened by the 16-year-old me! i can't comment if it's wrong to have the hots for the younger me, but the older me can't help but feel a little insulted.

5/02/2007 3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting...finding high school friends again recently has me exploring these same 'nether regions' of my angst-ridden teen memories also...but I don't know that feel even one drip of yearning or twinge of envy at the thought of those times...life may have been simpler, but I like having wisdom without confusion...and even though my boobs might have sat higher up at attention, I felt a hell of a lot more insecure about my body then than I do now! It's one of life's great ironies...

5/03/2007 6:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jesus, I remember when girls where wearing those overalls! For the record, you are MUCH hotter now. Your boyfriend is a lucky man! (Yes, I am stocking you via FAcebook!)

5/03/2007 9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG.
Does the shirt say "BOY" in a bold san serif typeface?
Cuz it might be mine!

5/04/2007 10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home