Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Don't you want to know how we keep starting fires?

Danger! Danger! High Voltage!
When we touch, When we kiss
Danger! Danger! High Voltage!
When we touch, when we kiss
When we touch
~
Electric Six

The other day, as I was walking along busy Davie Street, my knuckles grazed those of a passerby. It was electric. From fingertips to elbow -- my skin was all a-tingle. It was such a bizarre sensation and honestly, non-sexual. Well, non-sexual in the way that I wasn't turned on. I guess one could argue that almost everything is sexual...but I digress. I think it was more that I was experiencing the shock of such an intimate invasion of my personal space.

Did he feel anything? I wonder if his gender had any bearing on the exchange. Would feminine energy have the same effect? Did I react in such a way because I don't touch people enough or do we all walk around with our own tingly force field? At any rate, it was easily the most interesting thing that happened that day. The next time I'm in a crowd, I'll swing my arms a little more freely and see what I come up with. I have plans. Big plans.

Oh and a quick update: I landed a new job! I've gone corporate and now have a place to leave my cardigan. It's a very sweet deal, but I'm still negotiating some things -- so I won't share the details just yet.

I love you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home