Sunday, February 10, 2008

Every day is like Sunday...

Dear whomever it may concern,

Today was kind of a wonderful day. I woke up at noon sporting a mild but not unpleasant hang over. Feeling like a fun-loving teenager, I threw on whatever was on the floor, washed off last night's party make-up and headed out the door into the lovely sunshiney day.

I bought one of those super buzzy (and truly unhealthy) energy drinks and hit the busy sidewalks. I live in a great neighbourhood and I don't explore it often enough. Perhaps the best thing about my hood, is the incredible mountain view -- that and the excellent shopping. I treated myself to 2 new dresses that -- I don't mind saying-- look rather fantastic on me. They were on sale and nothing turns my crank more than a new dress. So imagine how chipper I was with two in the bag!

Not wanting to lose my buzzzzzz, I made a pitstop for a latte and some people watching. Unfortunately the people were dead boring today so I decided to trek on over to Capers and do me some grocery shopping. It wasn't until half-way through the vegetable aisle that I remembered that I hadn't eaten yet today. I didn't feel hungry, but my hands were starting to shake and I started to feel a little freaky deaky from the coffee and can o'speed zipping through my system.

I momentarily considered sitting down for a nice sensible bowl of soup and perhaps a glass of water. But then I remembered the fun loving teen feeling and decided to be totally bad ass and NOT have a healthy snack. Crazy, I know. Besides, the empty stomach/speed combo was making me feel rather slender and rather high. I finished up my shopping in record time -- picking up all manner of tasty treats.

Congratulating myself for remembering to bring my own bags, I called a cab which arrived in less than 5 minutes. Good Lord, everything was just coming up me! My cabbie was super nice and we chatted easily on the ride home. He asked me if I was originally from Vancouver and when I said no he told me he could tell because of my friendliness. Nice, right? As we pulled up to my house he asked me what I do for a living. I told him that I'm a writer and he nodded knowingly. He told me that he could tell that I was an artist and that I exude spirituality. I didn't have the heart to tell him that it was more likely caffeine-induced adrenaline that I was exuding rather than spirituality.

So, now I'm home and I just relayed my day which I fear may be awful boring for you all. I still haven't eaten and I'm half expecting to see my spirit animal at any moment. So what seems fascinating to me may not really translate so well. But then again, this my corner of the internet and I do as I please.

I think I'll go try on my new frocks, put a roast in the oven and clean my house. Beep, beep n' beep, beep --yeah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home