Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Give my love to Rose...


Behold the Nordic Ware Sweetheart Rose Muffin pan! Retailing at $35 in the US&A, yours truly picked up this cast iron beauty for $2 at a local thrift shop.

No, you don't understand! I've been lusting after this pan for ages but I just couldn't bring myself to fork over the nearly $40 to scratch this particular itch. I was so very excited when I saw it sitting under a table at the back of the store. There is not a single mark, scratch or baked on bit on it. Just in time for good old St.Valentine's Day-- I can bake me up a couple dozen dear sweet, rose-shaped confections. You can't possibly know how much happiness and satisfaction this baking pan will bring me.

Can't you even pretend to be happy for me? Have pity. All signs point to a distressing/depressing/lonely Valentine's Day for me this year. Let me eat cake.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

Well, I for one am genuinely excited for you. As a lover of bargains AND of muffins/cupcakes, I couldn't be more thrilled... unless it were me who scored the pan.

One question: Say you want to frost those bad boys. Which end do you put the icing on?

2/13/2008 10:28 PM  
Blogger ... said...

shit. okay, so maybe cupcakes are out. unless... i frost around them with a butter cream and drizzle a glaze over the petaled bits.

oh man, i have some serious pondering to do now.

2/14/2008 11:49 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Believe it or not, I've been thinking about this. (What? It's my day off. I do what I feel like!) Howzabout a nice glaze? You could go either the transparent or the opaque route, but either way the rose pattern would still be intact. Then you could add some sprinkles or shavings or whatever your heart most fondly desires. And then you could invite me over to share them.

2/14/2008 3:37 PM  
Blogger ... said...

I support this idea, however I cannot get excited about a cupcake with glaze. I mean, I feel like a cupcake requires FROSTING. But, for the sake of democracy, critical thinking and fair trade -- I will try this glaze and I will treat you to the finished product.

2/14/2008 6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home