Thursday, February 14, 2008

Sweetheart Day



This morning I woke up beside the man I love. He told me that there just might be a surprise for me downstairs. Down in the kitchen there was a heart-shaped box of chocolate on the table and beside it I found a scrap of paper instructing me to look here and then there and finally in his coat pocket where I found a shiny new Tiffany charm!

Oh wait... that was my sister.

I woke up beside a box of Kleenex with a miserable cold, swollen eyes and a bleeding bottom lip. On my kitchen table I found a bunch of rotting bananas and after some frantic searching I found bus fare in my own coat pocket.

it's just a commercial holiday...it's just a commercial holiday...it's just a commercial holiday...

2 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan Dewbre said...

The whole idea of associating Valentine's Day with romantic love began with Geoffrey Chaucer. I sincerely hope that he's burning in hell for that particular transgression.

If it cheers you up any, there are a lot of us in the same boat as you are. We should band together and form a union or something.

2/14/2008 2:22 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

Actually, they weren't scraps of paper. They were really cool vintage Valentines that he had printed and cut out by hand. I'm just saying.

2/15/2008 11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home