Thursday, July 24, 2008

Sting

Today, on my 8 billionth trip to Ikea, I was stung by a wasp. The wasp stung me moments after I finished delivering a fantastic pep talk about all the wonderfulness of the wonderful, wonderful world. I suspect there is a lesson to be learned somewhere in all of this.

This is my first wasp sting. It was kind of exciting. Not exciting- good... But exciting. It felt like being burned by the tip of a cigarette and then my arm swelled up real good like. I put vinegar on it because the Internet said so and it seemed to help. And then I went to Ikea. I hate Ikea. I will return to Ikea tomorrow. And so it goes.

I am exhausted. It's been a terrible week. Three people I know and care about have lost someone close to them. I spent the beginning of the week terrified that someone I love more than anyone could possibly be ill (thankfully, it all turned out ok) and then there's this never ending move to deal with.

But on the bright side, there are some really good apples out there.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey J.

Shane here from the old ZeD days. I am sorry to contact you this way but I didn't know of another way to do it. I tried to find a contact address but I couldn't.

..... After days and days of working my tail off to get this, I finally own my photography gallery!

I am all set up and I am dead-dog tired... but I am happy. You can see some stuff at my home page, it's the link under my photo

www.shanefage.ca

The shop:

[IMG]http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm317/sfage/Gallery1.jpg[/IMG]


[IMG]http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm317/sfage/Gallery2.jpg[/IMG]

8/05/2008 11:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

crap. link is buggered

http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm317/sfage/

8/05/2008 11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home