Wednesday, January 27, 2010

CBC News - Consumer Life - Vancouver has world's least affordable housing: report



CBC News - Consumer Life - Vancouver has world's least affordable housing: report

Ok, seriously now... World's least affordable housing?? What I am doing here?? I am poor. More accurately, I'm pore. Yes, yes there are others worse off... I am typing this on a Mac laptop, I dye my hair and I even buy coffee sometimes -- but clearly I'm not Vancouver material.

Despite 8 years experience as a writer for television, web & print I still have zero job security. I have to rely on wishes and prayers that the CBC will not let me go from month to month. I'm a contract worker at best and at worst I'm backfill. Backfill - ugly word, that.

Don't get me wrong... the mountains are pretty. I do enjoy crocuses and snowdrops in January and the sushi is decent. But COME ON.

Thing is, I can't even afford to leave. Funny!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home